I lied in my previous post.
I DID make something with the apples.
And this was probably the ONLY thing I made with them.
First off, I apologize for lying 😛
Sadly, I had forgotten about this.
So, pretend I never said “never” and that I DID say I made something with the apples.
French Toast Topped with Apple Slices
Sometimes, in the morning, what gets me out of bed is the thought of making breakfast.
Weird, am I right? (hoping you guys are all disagreeing with me right now)
I love breakfast.
Doesn’t always mean that I eat breakfast everyday or that I’m an early bird.
No … if I don’t have anything planned in the morning, I wake up at 11am.
So, I guess I meant breakfast foods?
But I also really mean the first meal of the day too.
I guess it’s a mix of everything.
I love a good American breakfast in the day and a nice Korean dinner at night.
Lunch? pff. Doesn’t exist for me.
I prefer snacking.
Ain’t nobody got time for lunch.
Unless you’re an early bird!
So … let’s get back on track.
I love breakfast and, one morning, I jumped out of bed because I suddenly had an idea to make some delicious french toasts topped with caramelized apple slices.
Ingredients for French Toast:
- Ground Cinnamon
Ingredients for Caramelized Apple Slices:
- Apple (thinly sliced)
- Canadian Maple Syrup (of course!)
- Ground Cinnamon
- Brown Sugar
- In a frying pan, melt a bit of butter before throwing in the apple slices. Then, sautée the apples with some ground cinnamon and brown sugar for about a minute or two, or until the apple slices have softened. Once done, set aside.
- In a shallow bowl, mix together the eggs, milk, and a pinch or two of salt. I usually like to add some ground cinnamon in here too!
- Dunk the toast into the egg mix completely.
- In a frying pan, melt a bit of butter (like before!), and place the soon-to-be french toast. Cook for about 2 mins on medium heat for each side. Or to your liking!
- Once that’s done, place your yummy french toast on a pretty plate and top it with an abundance of apple slices.
- Here comes the best part (yes, these words needed its own Step #)
- TOP IT WITH CANADIAN MAPLE SYRUP.
If you can’t get Canadian maple syrup, I feel for you.
But there are definitely alternatives! 😀
However, if you can ever get a hold of it, GET A HOLD OF IT.
And savour it.
Eventually, you’ll have dreams of bathing in it.
Speaking of maple syrup, it’s almost maple syrup season!
I am definitely planning on going for a sugar shack outing with my friends and that, in itself, will definitely turn into a blog post!
Hope you enjoyed the post today and that you try this out!! It’s so delicious that the apple slices and french toast literally just melts in your mouth .. to the point that your mouth just forgets that it took a bite out of it.
Seriously, though. Your mouth is drooling and begging.
And the apple slices are calling for you.
Thanks for reading, hungry readers!
I kept my promise for a yummy blog post (which hasn’t happened in a while!)
Till next time!
Tiny Chef xo.